Second, during a l-o-n-g visit to Knit Nouveau on Saturday, Crystal and I picked out a yarn for the baby blanket Crystal plans to knit for BB. The yarn is a super-nifty hand-dyed merino wool from Kitchen Sink Dye Works, a small at-home yarn operation. Some of you have asked about the colors/look of the blanket and of the nursery generally, so here are a couple of pictures of the yarn balls (which I made at the yarn store):
(you can click all pictures for a larger view)
Third, we have settled on linens & accessories for the nursery. This is a big development, but happened with great ease and serendipity. Without further ado, here is what we picked, from The Land of Nod, called a "Womb with a View":



You can see another view of the room here, a view of the room with the flags here, another view of the sheet here, and another view of the quilt that is available here.
That's all for now, and we hope all of you had a great weekend!

so exciting...BB is going to have the coolest nursery ever! I can't wait to see the blanket when it is finished.
ReplyDeleteGreat choices guys! I love love the colors. Very happy and uplifting. Also very boy and girl friendly. Crystal pretty soon you're going to be a pro at knitting! I'm still so happy for you guys! You deserve all the love in the world. Can't wait to be an auntie! :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Britt