This is what they tell us is going on this week:
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.
As for us:
It seems like it took us forever to reach eight weeks. The wait proved longer than one week, because of the news given to us during out first ultrasound that BB is smaller than expected. But, eight weeks has finally arrived.
We visited several baby furniture stores throughout the weekend. It is rather early for that, we know, but Bradford and I like to get things done (as you all know). We haven't made a final decision as to furniture, but we have narrowed it down to a few sets. We also picked out a great chair for BB's room. But, as with the furniture, we have not ordered it. If the economy stays in the crapper BB might have to sleep in a laundry basket, and I might have to nurse him in a plastic lawn chair!
In other news, I couldn't take the secrecy anymore and had to tell our great friends the Densons, soon to be parents to BB's best friend Ruby Denson, about BB. They were excited for us. And, I am excited that they know. Now I can go to Liz with all of my baby talk and questions. Yay. Once BB grows a little more, we will tell everyone. I am excited to get the word out.
We visit the doctor again on March 25, at 10 weeks 6 days.
As for me
Generally feeling good, except that I am very tired much of the time. It can be difficult getting through the work day. Also, I am confident I have gained five pounds since all of this started. I cannot stop eating. And, what's worse, I don't ever want anything that I packed for lunch or that has already been made for dinner.
I am also a little in the dumps, which I attribute to being tired all of the time...and to the economy.
As for Bradford
He is doing well. He bought BB and I some new fish oil supplements and tried a few new recipes from the Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook. I think he is excited that his father and Heather finally know about BB. They were both so happy to hear the news. The more people that know, the more real it becomes!

No comments:
Post a Comment