In the guest room, two small packages awaited us.
Julie and Irvin got BB the most wonderful gifts ... a gown with the most delightful little details and a book with bright and whimsical illustrations.


We only wish that Dadaw, Bradford's grandfather, was still with us. He would be overjoyed at the prospect of having another great grandchild.
Even Josie, Nana's new puppy, was excited by the news. (Although, she gets excited over pretty much anything... a lot of energy, that one.)

After visiting with Nana, Bradford and I headed to Spanish Fort to meet Brad and Heather for lunch. They took us to a great little restaurant in Old Town Daphne. After lunch, Heather and I convinced Brad and Bradford to go into a little baby store called A Pea in the Pod (or something like that). The two of them purchased BB his, or her, first pair of shoes!
We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Fairhope Pier.


And, Bradford's mom met us in downtown Fairhope. It was a lovely day for walking around and doing some window shopping.
Saturday night we attended the wedding of friends. It was lovely and made me remember when we got married, which wasn't too long ago. It was fantastic to see friends that we don't get the opportunity to see that often. We shared with them the good news, and, boy, were they excited. I am pretty sure Brennan spilled a drink. He was floored!

Allison and Michael were surprised and excited as well.
Here is Allison's "we're having a baby" face.
We finished the weekend off with a seafood feast. Yum.
When I got home, I called my cousin Ashley to tell her about BB. In addition to, "No freaking way" and "this is soo weird," she reminded me that, not too long ago, we were both just little girls, and I was stealing Barbie dolls from her. Haha. I told her that she could steal BB's toys if it would make her feel better about my childhood thievery.

What a great weekend. We have a down weekend (which we will spend with friends) this weekend, and then, hopefully, we will be off to the beach to spend Easter weekend with the other side of our family and might even see cousin Hardin to boot.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you guys had such a great weekend! Mom mentioned the adorable day gown that she purchased for BB and it is definatley adorable. I also cant wait to see allison's face picture, I am sure it is priceless:) Anyways, I would LOVE LOVe more than anything to see you two over easter so hopefully that will work out.
ReplyDelete