21 April 2009

Recent Goings-ons

Bradford demanded that I take an Easter picture with him after we went to Easter Service at St. Thomas Episcopal Church. And, what good is an Easter picture if it is not shared?


As you can see, I only get whiter with time...like a baby fish...and Bradford only gets better looking with time. I wonder if I will soon just disappear altogether?

[Thanks again for the dress Julie. I am getting good use out of it!]

And, because he is such a good husband, Bradford bought me the most beautiful flowers.


See.

For the past few weeks, I have been knitting furiously, as Bradford mentioned in the last post. The blanket is coming along, and I should not have a problem getting it finished before BB arrives.


I also stepped out of my comfort zone, which thus far included square shapes only (with the exception of the dog sweater I made for Holly Berry), and knitted an infant hat for BB. It turned out perfect! For serious! I actually am quite proud of myself. It didn't take long, about four hours. I plan on knitting many more, especially since my mother got me an awesome book full of nothing but knitted baby hat patterns.


The hat I started with is simple, but I plan on moving to more advanced hats very soon!



Petri Beaverhousen graciously served as a model for the hat, so that you might see how big it is. [For all of you judging me secretly for letting a dog wear BB's hat you should know that this is not any ordinary dog...this is senorita beaverhousen, she shampoos with Pantene Pro-V as you might be able to tell from her luxurious locks.]

Changing subjects a bit....

I ended up having another ultrasound at 14 weeks. The reason: it's a long story, but, no worries, nothing is wrong. BB was measured and, as Bradford reported, he or she has long arms and legs (which should be no surprise to anyone). BB is doing well. In fact, when we looked in on BB, he or she was waving to us.




That's BB's hand, at the top, almost in the center. Looks like he or she has five fingers, at least on that hand! BB was hiding the other one.

And, then BB stuck his or her thumb in his or her mouth. (It is really getting complicated using "his or her," although we still are committed to NOT finding out whether BB is a boy or a girl.)



Another person not finding out whether they are having a boy or a girl, Agya Pudner. Cristina Rodriguez and I threw her a baby shower last weekend, as many of you have heard. Because of my wonderful mother, I ended up pulling it off. I think it was a success. Agya seemed to enjoy herself and she got some great things for Baby Pudner.

A picture of the sweets my mother helped me to prepare. It was fun frosting the cupcakes and brownies with mom and spending time together generally. Thanks Mom!

Agya (approximately 34-35 weeks), Liz (29 weeks) , and Me (14 weeks).

Finally...thanks to cousin Ashley who gave me a basket full of sour deliciousness (seriously, FULL of sour treats), as well as a beautiful baby scrapbook and an awesome t-shirt that reads, "Due in October."

3 comments:

  1. what a wonderful post!! i am so happy that i got to see some pictures of you AND your little bump! HOW FREAKIN CUTE!:) you look GREAT. I am so impressed with your knitting skills. The hat looks so sweet. I hope we can plan a time to see eachother soon. I miss you both terribly

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. dont want to make any assumptions about who is snapping all these great photos but thumbs up to whomever it may be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Val! The photos were a team effort, though I am proud of the picture of the flowers. We can't wait to see you and your family again soon, though I guess it will be wedding weekend (which is soon!).

    ReplyDelete