01 May 2009

Sixteen Weeks

What they tell us is going on this week:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

As for us:

There is not much new to report since last week. All is well with me, and Crystal seems to be feeling better and better as the days pass. She's getting more exercise and spending more time outside with the dogs, which is great. Today is May 1, which (as you probably didn't know) is Law Day! I, for one, am very excited about Law Day and I think you should be to. But, the more exciting thing about May 1 is that is marks the beginning of a busy and exciting month, with Valerie and Charlie's wedding on the 16th, and a friend's wedding on the 30th (with Memorial Day in the middle). It should be a great month, and when it is over we will be one month closer to October, which will be busy and exciting in its own special way!

3 comments:

  1. 4:33 am...is this for real b? hahah 16 weeks and counting. BB will be here before we know it.I cant wait to meet you BB I love you so much already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I most certainly was not working on this at 4:33 PM. I nead to figure out how I did that so I can send partners e-mails at 4:33 AM once I work at a firm! That should earn me brownie points, for sure. Or, i might actually be sending e-mails at that time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i use adobe illustrator. its mainly for work, but definitely comes in handy on things like this. before i had it, i was constantly searching for a program that did collages...with no luck. hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete