02 October 2009

Two more weeks


This is what they tell us is going on this week:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wonderingwhat color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

This is what the doctor tells us is going on this week:

Nothing! Seriously - nothing. BB does not seem anxious to make his or her way into the world, and, well, I can't blame him or her for that!

Oh, yeah - I have gained 36 pounds thus far. Oh well! I feared it might be even more than that, so I will take it.

In other baby news: the nursery, complete! Pictures (an abundance!) for your viewing pleasure -













And, on a different note:

Fall is here!

Yes, the best season of all is upon us - and I am so very happy about that. Although we don't really have a proper fall season here in lower Alabama (in my humble opinion), I plan on trying to make the most out of it - and search out opportunities to bring the fall to me.

So, this week, I spent several afternoons at Cafe Louisa, sitting outside with a steaming mug of Chai Tea Latte and enjoying the crisp fall-ish weather. And, this morning, I journeyed beyond Montgomery's borders to some fairly rural parts to practice my photography and try out our new camera lens, which is a whopper (compared to our other lenses). Once I found my way past the city limits, I used my knowledge of all things country to find some livestock and what not.










The air was crisp and clean. I drove with the windows down and breathed deeply - taking in the smells of hay, cut grass, rain, manure, and clay. It filled my heart with the past and the future in a way that only driving around in the country with no particular place to be can. Every now and then I pulled over beside the road and took some pictures.

That's how I found him -





Such a kind horse - he trotted over to the fence just as soon as I showed up. And, he let me pet him!


Moving on - this weekend, Bradford and I plan to attend Octoberfest 2009 at El Ray Burrito Lounge. I am super-excited about this, because they will be serving (drum roll please . . . ) Vegan Kielbasa Dogs! That's right . . . I plan on having mine drowned in mustard, onions, sauerkraut, grilled onions, peppers, and Wickle Relish! Deliciousness. We also plan on making our way to a pumpkin patch, something I am also very excited about. Of course I will post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment