20 April 2010

The Denson Family


One reason for my recent lack of posting is that I have been editing pictures from a photo shoot I did with our good friends the Densons a few weeks ago. Selecting and editing photographs still takes me longer than it should and is a process I want [no, I NEED] to learn to streamline. My guess - I will get better with time and practice (who'd a thunk).

I decided to offer my [limited] photography skills to the Densons because (a) I need the practice [boy do I ever] (b) being some of our closest friends, I knew they would be forgiving of my amateur status (c) they wanted some photos that included all three of them [which are difficult to come by - as we all know] and (d) I thought it would be fun.

I must admit, taking photographs of a family was much harder than I anticipated it being. Babies are easier. Trying to coordinate three people - getting them all to look in the right direction [without looking too "posey"] is difficult. Plus, dealing with lighting, crowd control, natural elements, background issues and the like takes practice to perfect [and, my dear readers, I have little practice and am, as a result, far from perfection].

Oh yeah, and I am socially awkward. Socially inept. Socially terrified! So, a photo shoot is a big deal for the social coward inside of me that cringes when I even think about having to interact socially in a situation that I am not completely comfortable with.

But, this is something those of you who know me personally know about me. And, Liz and Allen know me personally [have for some time] and are still friends with me. My guess is - they have come to terms with my social weirdness.

Okay, here are some pictures from the shoot -

This one is, hands-down, my favorite.


[The last time I photographed Ruby Denson she had just mastered sitting up. Now, she is trying to walk!]



I love this one also. The composition is a bit unusual, I know, but their faces are such a reflection of their happy family.




Thanks Densons for letting me take these pictures! The process was fun and rewarding.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Crystal! I love the lack of the "posey" component...even the first picture where they are "posing" looks wonderful! Wish you lived closer...would love to see what you could do with us! (especially in the belly-pic arena) They are a gorgeous family! KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete