This post has been a long time coming. I may have started writing it like three weeks ago or something like that. And, I am just now finishing it. [Pathetic]. But, I have excuses. Ya know, I may or may not have been busy saving the world from villains and what not. I mean, you don't know my life.
Without further ado, I will do the "catch up" post on all that has been going on with the Lils.
She is everywhere. She crawls with ease. She stands up (holding on to things). She can climb the entire flight of stairs by herself. Her new favorite game goes something like this: she crawls as fast as she can away from me towards the kitchen, turns and looks back, waits for me to get up, starts laughing like a crazed loon and crawls even faster in the opposite direction until I catch her, and then laughs so hard she almost starts crying when I pick her up and throw her into the air. Oh yeah, that's something else, she likes to be tossed around quite a bit. She loves it when I swing her by her arms (they happen to be attached to her body quite well).
She is a charmer. She loves people and people love her. She smiles 89% of the time. She laughs like a hyena, and laughing still gives her the hiccups (hence the name of this blog folks).
Anytime you lock eyes with her across a room she smiles her biggest, most excited smile. It breaks the heart in the best way.
She grunts, a lot.
She loves plastic and paper. She wants to eat them. When I pick up dry cleaning, I can't hang the bags in the back seat with her because she will try to eat them. When the mail comes through the slot, she is the first one to sift through it (picking out the best piece to nosh on). When we go to the store, if she spots the shopping list, it is over. She is determined to get it and consume it.
The dogs are a constant source of amusement for her.
She might be part fish.
She loves long bubble baths. She enjoys taking showers. She doesn't mind water hitting her in the face not one bit. She likes to swim, no matter how cold the water might seem.
Oh, and this little "I will just let my mouth hold this toy while I collect some more" move, it happens all of the time. I think she learned it from the dogs. She will carry a toy around like this long enough for it to be really funny.
She still loves to eat. She has gotten quite good at feeding herself [although it is a messy business (see bath picture above and yams on face)]. She loves veggies (no real surprise there). Because of her allergy issues, we had to stop introducing new food for a few weeks, but we are now back in the game. This week, she started eating yogurt. Favorite foods: carrots, broccoli, green puffs, bananas, avocado, cauliflower.
She is getting a little tired of me taking pictures of her while she eats.
I call this next picture What chuoo lookin at Boobylady?
She takes two great naps during the day in her crib (with some exception). She still wakes up some during the night. [We are working on her nighttime sleep at the moment). We still co-sleep the majority of the time.
Sometimes she pretends to like a pacifier. But, don't let her fool you. It's for looks (and chewin) only.
She likes being read to.
She likes to curl up with a book. In her robe. But then, don't we all?

She has two teeth and a third on the way. She brushes them with her tiny toothbrush. She also really likes it when I brush her teeth with my Sonicare electric toothbrush.
She moved into a big girl car seat. She finds it to be an improvement.
Her favorite toy this past month: Del the Giraffe.
She loves him. She snuggles him non-stop. She snuggles everything non-stop. She is a hugger. A lover. A warm and fuzzy baby. She loves stuffed animals and soft toys that she can love on. She gives great spontaneous hugs and doesn't mind being cuddled. In the morning, she will stay under the covers and cuddle with me - no hurry to be on her way.
On that same note, she still enjoys being held. When Bradford holds her, she throws her arm over her his shoulder. It is cute.
Her favorite books at the moment: "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes (a gift to her from Ruby's "Go-go" (grandmother)), "That's not my Lion", and "Snuggle Puppy" by Sandra Boynton. Bradford reads her the last one at least once a day. It involves singing, and she loves it when Bradford sings it to her.
Nothing entertains her more than looking in a mirror at herself.
She laughs to herself a lot. I always wonder what the joke is.
She likes to spend time with her BFF Ruby, who will celebrate a first birthday in one month's time. They spend a lot of time together and really do seem to have developed a wonderful friendship.
Okay, this really could go on forever!
In sum, our Lils is a wonderful baby. She is outgoing. Happy. She laughs a lot. Her laugh is contagious (and can quickly get ahead of her and out of hand). She loves people. She is a thrill-seeker. An adventurer. Funny. Quirky. Loving. Entertaining. A delight to parent. Easy peasy (for the most part).
Until next time -















Oh my gosh Crystal! This post is amazing and brought tears to my eyes--I think the hormones are still a-raging from just giving birth, but it is so sweet to hear you talk of your baby this way! Your pics of her are precious (as always) and it is hard for me to believe she is 8 months old already! WOW!
ReplyDeleteHahaha very cute! She makes me smile and laugh and I'm no where near her! Very fun post.
ReplyDelete