21 June 2010

off to Annapolis


Our weekend was outstanding.
Bradford has been working very long hours lately, so it was nice to reward him with a lovely weekend.

We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday with a trip to Annapolis, Maryland.
Annapolis is a charming town with beautiful sights. We spent our day walking around pretty aimlessly, checking it all out.

First, we hit Chick & Ruth's Delly. (No, I didn't just spell Deli wrong - they spell it that way). This place is famous and much-loved. When we arrived, we were greeted with a promised waiting list. The line spilled out onto the sidewalk. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too terribly long before someone came to tell us that they had a table ready - but only if we didn't need a high chair.

um, okay.

Then, I asked Bradford (the only one who had been inside at this point) whether we should take in the stroller to which he replied, "hope you are not feeling claustrophobic. there isn't room. this place is a shoebox."

And, it is, in fact, a shoe box. I barely had room to take my camera out and snap a few pictures. The people sitting next to us might as well have been sitting in our laps.

It was an experience. A good one.

Lily liked having to sit in our laps during the meal. She also liked having so many things so close to reach for.

Tight people.

Chick & Ruth's is home to a Colossal Challange (again, the misspelling is not mine) that promises to bust your gut (okay, it doesn't make that promise - but I'm telling you that it will)

Bradford and I watch that show Man versus Food sometimes. Well, it has filmed here.


Check out that milkshake folks!

We did not participate in one of these challenges. Unfortunately, I am still banned from all things allergen - so, no 6 pound milkshake for me (although I think I had it in me).

After brunch, we explored some shops and then headed down to the waterfront.




We just so happened to be in the right place at the right time and saw a team completing the Race Across America. Exciting. What an adventure these people have had. 3000 Miles!

I think Bradford should do it next year.






Annapolis really is a beautiful place.




We toured the Naval Academy, which was impressive, and hung out by the water some more.
The weather was hot, but the sky was bright and the water provided a much-appreciated breeze. A lovely day.




By the end of it, we were all pretty beat. And hungry. After dinner at a local restaurant (veggie burgers for us and broccoli for Barrie) we came home and zonked out.

Sunday, Bradford and I went on independent runs. Then, we just hung around - doing whatever. Sometimes, doing whatever is better than doing something.

Oh yeah, we hit up the Lavender Moon cupcakery for some delicious flour-less chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and sea salt. Heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment