17 February 2009

My update

Crystal seems to me urging me to post here, so I think now is time to break the ice. In my defense, let me say that I have been blogging on the subject of BB elsewhere, shielded from public view, for some time. And, please permit me to note that the post with pictures of startled, disbelieving Pam was partly my idea. Oh, and I ratified the decision about the bassinet.

With my defense out of the way ;-) I should at least let all of you know how things are going with me now. First, somewhat unsurprisingly, I have no noticeable physical symptoms of pregnancy. This should not be a shock. On the other hand, the emotional symptoms are legion. I won't go into the details, but take it from me: it is already obvious that bringing a new person into the world and then raising him or her will be the most exhilarating and emotionally taxing thing that I will ever do. Thank goodness I have Crystal to help me through it!

On a more penumbral note, I just accepted my job offer from WilmerHale. This job will initially provide support for our new family, and the decision to go with this firm rather than another was torturous (not tortious, though I wish I could sue someone over it!).* Crystal and I are very excited about moving to D.C., though we will miss the close proximity of our loved ones. We plan to have welcoming accommodations, so everyone should plan for extended visits. We think our nation's capital is a great place, and look forward to spending time as a family with our extended families there.

That's enough for now. I'll be back with updates soon. I can't wait to break the news to my parents so they can share in our excitement. That will have to wait a couple of weeks however, due to circumstances. We will reach a major milestone next week when we go to our first prenatal visit and catch the first glipse of our lentil-sized creation.



*Did you know "tortuous" is a word, too? Look it up. How's one supposed to keep it all straight? Torturous, tortious, and . . . tortuous.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie and I are sitting on the couch crying from laughing so hard at the blog. can you PLEASE PLEASE tell mom the same way that you told pam and mike hahaha but you gotta let me know if you are b/c i WILL NOT be able to keep a straight face. All of this great news confirms my overwhelming excitment of becoming an Aunt to sweet BB. I seriously CANT WAIT AGH!!!

    ReplyDelete