16 February 2009

Six Weeks



This is what they tell us is going on this week:


This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. If you could
see into the uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as ours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, our baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

As for us:

This weekend was Valentine's Day, as well as Bradford's birthday. Bradford commented on the way to dinner that this was the last Valentine's Day we would spend as a two-some. I guess he is right.

On Sunday, we traveled to Enterprise to share the news with my mother and Mike. I couldn't keep it a secret any longer. When we got there, we gave my mother a gift, an autographed copy of one of President Carter's books. As she finished unwrapping her gift, I asked Bradford if he wanted to give her the other gift. He looked at me in confusion, because Mike was upstairs. But, I couldn't wait on Mike. So, I told my mother I wanted to take her picture with her new book. With the camera pointed at her, I said, "Say Bradford and Crystal are having a baby!" I got this idea from a website, by the way. At first, she was confused.


She looked at Bradford. "Are you kidding? Is this a joke," she kept repeating.


It took only minor convincing before she jumped up, ran upstairs to tell Mike, and grabbed the phone. She was a little disappointed when I informed her that she couldn't tell anyone. But, that disappointment was short lived. I gave in and let her tell Janet and David, her best friends.

Later, the two of them came over and brought BB his very first gift.





Overall, it proved to be a very exciting weekend. I am happy that my mother and Mike were so excited. Now, we have to tell Bradford's mother, who will also be thrilled.

As for me:

Feeling great. No real problems to speak of, except that the tatas are still aching a bit. Also, my body's thermostat goes haywire every now and then. I wake up during the night sweating. Other than that, all is well.

As for Bradford:

I will let him post.

No comments:

Post a Comment