This is what they tell us is going on this week:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
In the interest of full disclosure, I must add that Bradford and I are getting a little tired of the fruit references. I mean, people know general measurements and weights well enough such that these strange fruit comparisons need not be made, right? Maybe not. Maybe telling us that BB is as big as a mango is necessary... But, it is a little strange.
As for me:
Well, work proved to be pretty hectic last week, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Actually, I found it quite nice. Next week, I have a trial, which should make the week go by pretty quickly.
On Wednesday, I made a trip to the doctor's office, after calling them and letting them know of a symptom I was having - pressure and a tightening of the lower abdomen. After an ultrasound and a check of the ol' cervix, Dr. Stone reassured me that all was well. Apparently, these are just growing pains. No worries.
BB passed his or her ultrasound check with flying colors. He or she has been moving around a lot - changing positions quite regularly and kicking harder as the weeks go by. Our next appointment is June 29.
Saturday morning, Fabiola Beaverhousen and I went to Pepper Place Market. It was a beautiful day, although quite hot - even at 8 in the morning.
Blue sky - heat - people - children - baked goods - plants - crafts - music - dogs - fresh vegetables and fruits - flowers
It was a wonderful adventure.
My first purchase was a delicious freshly-baked shortbread cranberry scone. Fabby and I sat on the stairs by the stage and listened to a classical trio while nibbling scone and taking in the scene.
I bought blackberries from a woman whose hands were stained purple from picking them fresh and packing them up for our enjoyment.
Then, blueberries, zucchini and country plums. And, I could not resist picking out a few stems of these:
Three stems, in fact.
A wonderful morning. Fabby certainly enjoyed herself.
She received many compliments, as usual, and happily allowed adults and children alike to pet her to their hearts' content. And, she smelled many dog butts and privates. So, all in all, it was a great day for her.
The only thing missing was Bradford.
As for him, he stayed in Montgomery on Friday night, because he had an early Saturday morning rafting trip planned with his co-workers. I was supposed to canoe with them, but, alas, my pregnancy became a concern that kept me from going. He had an excellent time - even without me. He did manage to get sun-burned, however, and now looks like a lobster. Unfortunate. He came home on Saturday to this:


An almost-Father's Day gift. He is almost a father, and so we celebrated Father's day on Saturday (get it - almost Father's Day...)
He was surprised and grateful, as always. With how great he is, every day should be Bradford's Day. Seriously.
My mother and Mike came into town later that day. The were nice enough to bring me a delicious egg salad sandwich - yum. The reason for their visit - Aunt Mitzi's surprise 50th birthday at the Wine Loft. Ashley did a great job as host. Aunt Mitzi was truly surprised! It was nice to spend time with family. Happy Birthday Aunt Mitzi!
Sunday - Father's Day - we met my family for Mexican food. Good times. Brittany and I managed to crack ourselves up at the end of the table for most of the lunch hour. We got to wish Papa a Happy Father's Day in person - and Uncle Tom and Uncle Mike. Brittany and I also wished our Mike a Happy Father's Day. Although he is not our father technically, he sure puts up with enough of our antics to deserve appreciation on this day! We love Mike and are proud to have him as a family member and father figure. Happy Father's Day again Mike.
And, Happy Father's Day to all the fathers I know (and those I don't). Shout outs to Irvin, Brad, Charlie, new-dad Steve Pudner, and soon-to-be dad Allen Denson.
Well, Bradford just asked me if I was writing a novel - so, that's my cue.




No comments:
Post a Comment