This is what they tell us is going on this week:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
As for us:
There is a good reason for this, and it comes in two parts. First, this week the federal court decided to get snarky and place major restrictions on what employees can access on the internet. So, I can no longer access facebook, gmail, blogger, etc etc (anything worth accessing) while at work. This is a major bummer. Maybe they thought we would get more work done if we could not visit these websites. Instead, we are spending our time lamenting this new restriction of freedom and complaining to each other about it. Mission failed. Second, as many of you know, my personal laptop computer has been dying a slow death that started last year. Law school was too much for it, and the bar exam put the final nail in the coffin. It has been pretty much worthless for some time, so much so that I try to avoid using it to blog and what not. Too aggravating. Don't get me wrong, I love it and appreciate its years of service. But, I also recognize that it needs to go into retirement. And, as of yesterday, it did!
On to other news . . .
Yesterday, Bradford and I headed down to Jemison, Alabama, to attend the Black & Blue Berry Festival at Petals from the Past. It stormed here much of the day, but we watched the radar and headed out to try and catch a break in the storm. While we didn't manage to dodge rain, we did manage to dodge the storm. Our reward, handfuls of sweet and juicy fresh-picked blueberries and blackberries.
We enjoyed these berries by the handful yesterday, in refreshing smoothies this morning, and in delicious pancakes made by Bradford just hours ago.
This morning, Bradford went on his long run. Fabiola Beaverhousen and I accompanied him, but we just went for a very long walk instead of a run. It was nice to get outdoors. And, we made it indoors just in time. It seems we are in for another round of thunderstorms this afternoon.
And now, for your BB updates.
He or she seems to be growing. Here is the 22-week baby bump.
Yowzas! BB is moving around quite a bit these days. Very soon Bradford and I will start signing up for birthing classes and third trimester yoga classes. How exciting (and terrifying). Until then, we will continue to prepare for the arrival of BB in other ways.
Like buying adorable stork bookends to hold up BB's growing book collection.



I love the boy's name but I love Lilian too. You guys will be such great parents. Kieran is doing great..he is always sleeping. I wish he woke up more during the day.
ReplyDelete