Saturday night Bradford ran the Retro Run 5K.
Many of the participants dressed up in retro clothing - which was a sight to behold.
After milling around for a bit and checking out the scene, I lined up with the other spectators along the road and looked toward the starting line.
And, they are off! I am not sure if you can tell, but one of the first to fly off the starting line was a young gentlemen wearing nothing but fig leaves and running shoes. Yes, seriously.
Before I knew it, race officials were telling the crowd that the lead pack of runners were headed towards the finish line. I waited anxiously at the turn for my first sight of Bradford.
Did I mention Petri Beaverhousen attended the race as well? She waited beside me, anxiously, on a bench. We both knew Bradford would be one of the first to come around the bend.
Nope, that's not him!
But, here he comes.
Bradford crossed the finish line with a very quick time of 19:35. He flew like the wind. A personal best! And, he finished sixth in his age group. You can view the race results here.
Congratulations Bradford! As a reward, you get to have your picture taken with Petri Beaverhousen by the Retro Van. Lucky dog! Petri doesn't take pictures with just anyone.
What a wonderful way to spend the early evening - with two of my favorite people, enjoying the wonderful autumn-like weather (a nice reprieve from the heat-stroke inducing weather of late), and taking in an interesting and entertaining scene.
Bradford had good company for this run. Uta, Bradford's co-clerk, actually told Bradford about this race and suggested he participate. Thanks to her for that! Here she is with Will (her significant other), her father, and Bradford. A good looking group - all of whom finished strong in the Twilight Retro 5k Run.
P.S. Bradford's comment reminded me of a funny occurrence worthy of blogging about. Petri was so overcome by her human's performance in the race that she decided to pee on his running shoe, deliberately and in broad daylight, right after the race.
Bradford looked down with a puzzled expression on his face and said, "Petri just pissed on my shoe."
And, I responded, "really?"
"Yes, really, notice how there is no puddle. It is because all of her pee just went into my shoe."
Life with dogs. Hysterical.







Wait . . . who are two of your favorite people?
ReplyDeleteYou and Petri Beaver of course.
ReplyDeleteBut Petri is not a person. I can prove it with the following syllogism:
ReplyDeleteIf a person pees on my shoe deliberately and in broad daylight, right after a race, I will punch them.
Petri peed on my shoe deliberately and in broad daylight, right after a race, and I did not punch her.
Ergo, Petri is not a person.
You two are too much. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHAHAH this is TOO funny! Petri just could not contain her excitement :) Dirty Mexican.
ReplyDelete