Well, I know the baby-date calculator on the right of this page says that we have three days to go, but Crystal and I are convinced that is wrong. She is in labor.
It started night before last (Saturday night) with some mild contractions about 1.5-2 hours apart. She has not had any braxton-hicks contractions, so we knew these meant something. And, they were in a regular pattern from the start. Because they were so far apart and so mild, we knew we had a long way to go.
Crystal didn't get a good night's rest Saturday night, though she did get some needed sleep. The contractions were still coming regularly yesterday, about 1 hour apart in the morning, but about every 15-20 minutes by the late evening. She and I stayed up until around 12:30, when her contractions were coming 8-10 minutes apart, but still not strong, and then slept until around 5:30 this morning.
Things have continued to progress since then, and her contractions have been 6-8 minutes apart all day, though now, just after noon, they are getting significantly stronger. She is feeling the first significant discomfort at present, and we are really excited about the next few hours.
I will try to keep everyone updated.
12 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will be praying for you guys. I am so excited!!!
ReplyDeleteWHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ReplyDeletewe need pics of the beautiful baby girl!!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats :)
A baby girl!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete