This is what they tell us is going on this week:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Seriously . . . ouch.
This is what the doctor tells us is going on this week:
Nothing! Again, nothing. I gained no additional weight. Nothing is dilating. Nothing is contracting. And on and on. A bunch of nothing.
Now, as most of you know, I have been relatively comfortable lately. I have been sleeping well and haven't been having any real problems to speak of. So, why do the words above suggest frustration? Well - because Doc Stone mentioned the dreaded word - inducement - which disappointed me (because inducement is definitely not part of our birth plan). But, he did say that I could safely go two weeks over my estimated delivery date before we had to worry about that. Right now, BB seems to be doing okay in there. So, we are just going to wait it out. Maybe I should send BB an eviction notice? Or, perhaps we should smoke him or her out? Just a thought.
So, for everyone waiting patiently, just continue being patient. Your patience is appreciated. The baby will get to you when he or she feels like it. For now, continue holding on the line . . .
As for us:
Our bags are packed. I have finished knitting the blanket (will post pictures soon) and have moved on to a very cute hat. Just waiting.
We do have friends coming to visit on Sunday (unless BB decides to come before then, which I doubt). So, that is exciting. Besides that, not much planned.

No comments:
Post a Comment