Last week, we found a small package on our front door step. A gift for Lily Barrie from Judge and Ruth DeMent.
The gift was wrapped so sweetly - it looked like candy.
See - even Lily wanted to eat it.
And, inside, we found a precious thing.
Bradford announced, "It's a bracelet."
I promptly laughed and corrected him, "No, it's obviously a rattle."
All the while, Lily tried to show us what it really was.
We paid her no mind.
Later, Bradford called the DeMents to thank them for their generosity and to tell them how much we loved Lily's rattle. Mrs. DeMent laughed and simply said, "Oh, it's a teething ring."
Um. Sad. I should have known that. Lily knew.







That is too funny! I'm one of Bradford's friends from high school, and I'm so glad I came across your blog so I can keep up with yall!
ReplyDeleteSam Thomas got one too--it's blue. I wrote a thank you note for the lovely blue rattle. Oops.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a funny post. Loved it :) She is precious!
ReplyDelete