18 November 2009

So, where is somewhere nice to have brunch?

This past Saturday, our little family journeyed to Troy, Alabama, home of my alma mater - Troy (State) University - so that Bradford could run the Troy Odyssey Half Marathon. And, run it he did.

Mom and Mike came up from Enterprise to cheer him on and to serve as company for Lily and me while Bradford ran the race. Good times.

Did I mention that the race took place in large part on the campus of Troy University? I haven't visited the campus in quite a while - it was a bit strange being back there (with a husband and a baby! My, how times have changed!).


I could really say much more about the past, the future, and all the change in between - but, my days of being a lady of leisure with the time to post such ramblings have passed. Let me get on with it then -

The weather was beautiful. I enjoyed the company of my mother and Mike. Lily spent the morning quite comfortably suspended in the Moby Wrap. Bradford had an outstanding race and did better than he predicted he would.

As many of you know, he injured his knee while running the marathon and has been spending the time since recovering. So, this served as his entrance back into the racing world.

Pictures -






You can read more about the race and Bradford's experience running it here (Bradford's running blog).

After the race, Bradford wanted brunch. Of course, he wanted me to point him in the direction of a nice place to have such brunch - in Troy! - ha! Those of you who went to Troy or who are just familiar with Troy are probably laughing along with me right now.

We ended up grabbing breakfast at the Awful Waffle. Poor Lily. Please no one tell her that her first restaurant (I use that term loosely) outing was at Waffle House.

Until next time -

Lily is wearing Bradford's metal - in case you couldn't tell.


1 comment:

  1. I love Lily and Bradford's picture! She is so beautiful and growing so fast:) I think babies grow so fast..Kieran will be six months old next week. Crazy!!
    How are things with you guys? We want to come see you all and meet little Lilian.

    ReplyDelete