While in Mobile for Thanksgiving, we trekked to Gulf Shores in the wee hours of a morning so that Bradford could run in a half-marathon. Fun. But cold. Fun. But early. Some pictures -


He finished third in his age division - fifteenth overall (not shabby, seeing as how there were over 500 runners). After the race was over, we took Lily to the Original Oyster House for a bite to eat and then to the beach for the very first time. "We" includes Julie, or Juju as Lily will eventually call her, who kindly accompanied us and kept Lily and me company as we cheered on Bradford.


Bradford is a running fool these days. Last weekend, he ran in the Jingle Bell 5K held on the grounds of Huntington College. I intended to run, but ended up sitting out. Probably best. I may have fallen apart on the road.
Burr - The weather for this run was colder than the last. We walked over - being that it started merely a mile or so away from our house - and I was quite frozen by the time we arrived. Don't worry readers, Lily remained snug as a bug for the duration of our outing. See -
Pictures -
Bradford placed second in his age bracket. Not sure where he placed overall (although I believe he finished in the top six). Check out his fancy trophy (that is a golden Santa on the top). Until next time.




No comments:
Post a Comment