


1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Beat together butter and sugar on low speed of mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in flavorings and egg. Mix. Stir in flour and baking soda.
Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, shape dough into balls. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Press cookie down slightly to flatten using the bottom of a glass which has been dipped in sugar. Colored or white sugar may be used.
Bake for 9-11 minutes, just until cookies have set. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Tips: Do not overbake cookies; watch closely near the end of baking time. Bake on parchment paper for easy cleanup. Use two cookie sheets and have one ready to go into the oven as the first sheet cools (or just transfer parchment paper). For softer cookies, add a tablespoon of sour cream, yogurt or buttermilk.
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies, depending on size.
A few things I did differently: I didn't have any almond extract, so I just used a little extra vanilla. I also added nutmeg and cinnamon to the sugar mixture that I ultimately dressed the cookies with. See above photo number two.
Volia.
They turned out quite delicious. Wonderful consistency. A little sweet (maybe less sugar next time?). Best served warm with a cold glass of milk.

No comments:
Post a Comment